Parley Va English?

Friday, August 16, 2013

Stretching my blogging muscle!

I need to get back into blogging. Really blogging. Like, I used to blog all the time. About everything from bad spelling to yoga postures. I guess the truth is something has turned me off of the site I have been blogging at. Nothing about their service or anything like that. I am not complaining about the button interface. Just something in life or whatever that has drawn me away from my old blogging haunt. Recently I have found myself what I call 'faceblogging' ..yeah its kinda failblog, but I find myself doing it. I am a very musey writer. I can pretty much write something anytime but not anything whenever I want. Like I am writing in wordpad right now. wtf. I am a notepad purist. Purist! I say! Gahh, I am not sure the grammar really conveys the sentiment there. But, what I am saying is that I go syntactically where the muse draws me. A supersticious and cowardly thing perhaps, but it is what it is.

Hitting return twice is not necessary in wordpad. Who knew? I feel that online journaling is best done with a line break between thoughts. Its wild, faceblogging with the comment interface. wtf. Like, its too much line break..ya know.. Like write a five comment essay on a facebook post. Reads *pretty much* like a five paragraph college paper, but also not, because the number of lines between each comment just throw the whole thing off. I have got to get back to real bloggery. Real bloggery! I say! I had something to say a minute ago.....and I still do! What I am not exactly sure, I have been taken up lately by my daily life. I did however write an eight comment faceblog about Disney City the other day. Its public on my 'if you shea show' facepage. Gahh, people that create their own fanpage on facebook. Really!?

So like I am sortin through my email right? Ok wait a minute there is no music playing. Music! ..... ok better. Aha! Suddenly I am remembering something very salient about ONE Blog. Be topical! SO this blog is about blogging. About how I have not been blogging. I have been faceblogging, which tisnt really blogging at all. About how to blog, which is; to be both topical and free. Good blogging is flow. Great blogging is flowing in one direction. Toward a point. Toward a real gold medal. Why are you blogging and who are you blogging to? Another man might have put two interrogitives there.. but the interrobang is real. Are you an interrobanger too? I think that the truely effervesant and exigent truth in regards to who who who are you blogging at is..you are, you should, you would.. be blogging to whomever might be listening.. to what you have to say. Right? Write to et all. eg. This blog shall be named!

What is in a name? The If You Shea Show is not my nameology. It was an answer to why 'AskShea' wasnt going to work. We were discussing it, a whole group of us, and one of the more silent participants leaned forward. And simply siad 'The If You Shea Show' and no one. Not one person in the gang had a thing to say. Flabbergasted. Struck dumb. Nailed to the quik. Then we registered the domain name. What works is what works. What works is letting your think box flow while keeping a goal in mind. Flumoxing around with errant ideas and not one whit to a conclusion or success scenario..that is what doesnt work. If you can enliven a muse and find a even so sully a point as 'this blog is about blogging' ( which I said I wouldnt do again when I started this blog ) then you have a blog. Otherwise you are whiling away a nameless piece of semi rant worthy reading. Idle rant worthy reading. This blog shall have a name, and that name is! Stretching my blogging muscle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you shea show?